Learn it, practice it, play it yourself.
Slow it Down
Slow down (or speed up) the recording without changing its pitch. Practice with the recording at a comfortable pace, or listen more carefully to make sure you haven't missed any notes. Capo’s high-quality time stretching engine ensures that your music sounds great at any speed.
Get the Chords
Capo analyzes the songs you load by “listening” to them, and then displays all the chords it hears. In addition to naming the chords, Capo can show diagrams for guitar, ukulele, banjo, mandolin and even 4-6 string bass. It can even display left-handed chords. Rock on, southpaws!
Solo / Mute Instruments & Vocals
By adjusting Capo’s isolation controls, you can solo or mute a single instrument/vocal to hear it more clearly, or eliminate it to create a custom backing track. Capo’s cutting-edge isolation effect is powered by the Neptune isolation engine.
Loop in Time
Capo’s beat detection engine figures out the location of the bars and beats in the song, so you can place a region around the current bar with a single tap. Now you can play along with a loop that repeats in time with the original recording.
“Whether I go to learn a song myself or teach someone how to play a song, I bring it up in Capo.”Read about Capo's use in Education ›
Capo’s a lifesaver, it truly is! I always carry my iPad, and now I can use Capo there and on my computer. I love the initial auto chord detection and the Add Chord button to catch every detail of the performance.
Capo fits perfectly when there’s a lot of music to chart and not a lot of time. You always try to write a chart in order to memorize the song form. If you can throw it into Capo, it gives you that basic chart form right away.
The chord detection in Capo touch is great, where I need it the most—on the fly in a rehearsal studio. Useful, easy to understand, and packed with features, Capo is the secret weapon for figuring out how a song is played.
I love Capo! What a useful piece of software! I find myself constantly referring to it for so many things, from transcribing my favorite solos to learning new arrangements. Didn’t think I was missing it until I started using it.
Bassist for John Legend
Bassist for Alicia Keys
Guitarist for Billy Idol
Guitarist for Alicia Keys
- Slow down audio without affecting pitch
- Transpose to different keys
- Isolate instruments and vocals
- Eliminate instruments and vocals
- Scrub with audio frozen in time
- Detects chords, and the key of your song files
- Uses beat detection to calculate tempo and provide snapping
- Detected chords can be edited one at a time, or globally
- Can display Chord Names, Chord Boxes, Simple Piano diagrams, or nothing if you prefer!
- Chord boxes for Guitar, Banjo, Mandolin, Ukulele, and 4-6 string Bass
- Left-handed chord box display also available
- Song-synchronized click track
- Includes 5 different metronome sounds
- Metronome can count in your looping regions
- Regions can be looped for practice
- Rename regions and change their colors to keep organized
- Audio, user entries, and effects are saved into Projects
- Sync projects using iCloud for use with Capo and your other iOS devices
Supported File Formats
- Purchased, DRM-free audio from iTunes
- WAV, AIFF, MP3, MP4, M4A
- Cannot load protected M4P files
- An iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch running iOS 12 or later
Capo touch requires iOS 12 or later
Capo uses ZTX PRO Time Stretch/Pitch Shift Technology licensed from Zynaptiq GmbH.