Reverse Engineering Rock 'n' Roll
Capo uses a blend of advanced signal processing and machine learning to help you learn songs by ear. Its powerful, simple-to-use tools allow you to dig deep into the details of a recording so you can learn to play songs more accurately, and in less time.
Hear notes more clearly
Slow it down, solo instruments, and listen to quickly-played notes frozen in time.
Start playing songs faster
Automatically detected chords and beats give you a massive head start on learning new tracks.
Pick up where you left off
Capo's Projects store the changes you make to chords, looping regions, and even the playhead location for when you return.
Tab It Out, Hear Each Note
Use your mouse to
Apple Design Award
Mac Developer Showcase
Best of Mac App Store
Best Apps of the Year
iMore Best of 2014 Award
Audio App of the Year
“Whether I go to learn a song myself or teach someone how to play a song, I bring it up in Capo.”Read about Capo's use in Education ›
Capo is a fantastic way to analyze & learn music quickly; I love how clean the pitch algorithm is even at 1/4 speed. Capo is a great teaching & learning tool whether you're a rank beginner or a seasoned professional.
I have been wishing for this software for years. It's incredibly useful, whether I'm charting my own songs for the players who join me, or discovering exactly what is being played on a recording I love.
I am a devout Capo user for a couple of years now—it's the GREATEST of all, especially since it makes a library of your tunes you work on and is sonically great. It's my go-to music learning app!
Capo is an invaluable learning tool. I use it to loop hard phrases, and slow them down with very few artifacts, making them easy to master!
Guitarist for Living Colour
Guitarist/Singer for Sugarland
Bassist for David Letterman
Guitarist for Chris Cornell
- Slow down audio without affecting pitch
- Transpose to different keys
- Isolate instruments and vocals
- Eliminate instruments and vocals
- Scrub with audio frozen in time
- Detects chords, and the key of your song files
- Uses beat detection to calculate tempo and provide snapping
- Powerful Spectrogram display for simple tabbing
- Draw on the Spectrogram to generate tablature
- Displays tablature for Guitar, Banjo, Mandolin, Ukulele, and 4-6 string Bass
- Detected chords can be edited one at a time, or globally
- Can display Chord Names, Chord Boxes, Simple Piano diagrams, or nothing if you prefer!
- Chord boxes for Guitar, Banjo, Mandolin, Ukulele, and 4-6 string Bass
- Left-handed chord box display also available
- Song-synchronized click track
- Includes 5 different metronome sounds
- Metronome can count in your looping regions
- Regions can be looped for practice
- Markers mark the notable points in a song
- Rename regions and change their colors to keep organized
- Designed specifically for the Mac
- Switch between Practice and Tabbing modes
- Supports MacBook Pro with Touch Bar
- Toggle visibility of Chords and Notes
- Full Screen support
- Audio, user entries, and effects are saved into Projects
- Sync projects using iCloud for use with Capo touch and your other Macs
- Share projects using AirDrop, Messages, and more
- Capo can be configured to use custom keystrokes for playback control
- Use MIDI foot switches and controllers to control Capo's playback
Supported File Formats
- Purchased, DRM-free audio from iTunes
- WAV, AIFF, MP3, MP4, M4A
- Cannot load protected M4P files
- M4A/AIFF files with playback adjustments
- Audio-synchronized MIDI files with chord and note entries
- A Mac running macOS Sierra (10.12) or newer
Capo requires macOS 10.12 or later
Capo uses ZTX PRO Time Stretch/Pitch Shift Technology licensed from Zynaptiq GmbH.